OUR TRADITION: ELS CASTELLERS




The Castellers are a Catalan tradition with a very ancient origin. It consists of the construction of human towers. The participants in the castellers stand on the shoulders of others to reach a certain height. The Castellers are groups of different people, and between them is rivalry. They are done on special dates or local celebrations in cities and villages, but also competitions are held. The zones with major activity castellera are placed near Tarragona and Barcelona, but also there are places out of Spain.

A castle has got three main parts. The first one is called base and it is formed by a multitude of people who are trunk the base of the tower. The second part is called tronc. It is constituted by some levels of people. The last part is called pom de dalt and there are two people, who are holding the acotxador, and on the top there is the enxaneta.

Thaïs 1 B
Paula 1 B

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! I haven't heard about it already, but I have to say, I'd like to see it! But I think it's kind of dangerous activity! What if someone from the base lets, and the tower rob?

    Kacper

    ReplyDelete